- Designation: Partner
- Education: M.A. in Psychology, Delhi University; LL.B, Campus Law Centre, Delhi University
- Year of Enrollment: 2001
- Corporate & General Company Law Advisory
- Real Estate and Infrastructure
- Commercial Law
Articles / Publications
- Authored several articles published in leading journals and magazines like Halsbury’s Law Monthly, Legal Era, Lex Witness, CREDAI Times, National Realty (NAREDCO).
- Articles published include: –
– Service Tax on Commercial Renting – Published in Halsbury’s Law (March 2008).
– Return of QIPs: Quick Mode of Tapping Capital – Published in Naredco National Realty (September, 2009).
– Affordable Housing is the need of the hour – CREDAI Times (April 2013).
– Plan to Succeed – CREDAI Times (January – March 2013)
- Speaker at a workshop organized by CREDAI in 2014. Delivered a presentation on Uttar Pradesh Apartment Ownership Act 2010 and Rules framed thereunder.
- Speaker at a conference organized by BlackArrow Conferences on Draft Real Estate Bill 2011.
- Speaker Invitation at RICS Real Estate Conference 2014.
- Appeared on the popular property show on NDTV Prime to answer legal queries of viewers.
Jayshree Navin Chandra, Partner at ZEUS Law is a practicing lawyer with over 14 years of corporate and transactional advisory experience. She pursued her Masters in Psychology and Bachelors and Masters in Law from Delhi University. She has played an integral role in the Firm’s growth process and oversees the Corporate-Commercial and Real Estate & Infrastructure Practice of the Firm.
She represents clients ranging from Fortune 500 companies to start-ups and small to medium sized enterprises across industries, in a wide range of domestic and cross border transactions. Given her diversified transactional experience across the sectors, Jayshree has successfully executed complex transactions at ZEUS spanning foreign investments, joint ventures, private equity issues, stock and assets sale and purchase, company structuring, restructuring, general corporate, securities and commercial law advisory work. Her expertise on regulatory developments and insight into industry practices in the realty sector has enabled her to advise investors and real estate development companies from India and abroad on strategies for entry in infrastructure and township development, investment options and vehicles, foreign exchange laws, regulatory compliances and approvals from FIPB, RBI & other government authorities. She also advises other stakeholders across the industry spectrum, including Banks, State Governments, State and National Chapters at CREDAI, on legalese and regulatory aspects pertaining to land acquisition, development & construction contracts and also setting up of townships, IT parks, commercial complexes, residential projects and special economic zones.
Jayshree’s creative skills also lie in transactional advisory, extending opinions to the clients of varied sectors on a gamut of pressing issues affecting their business and advising on the regulatory regime applicable to their commercial ventures, negotiating and vetting of transactional and contract documents for clients and advising on their enforceability under various legislations of India.