- Designation: Co-founder and Senior Partner
- Education: B.Com, University of Delhi, LL.B, University of Delhi
- Year of Enrollment: 1991
- Corporate & Commercial Law
- Real Estate and Infrastructure
- Foreign Direct Investment
- Private Equity
- Member, Housing & Urban Development Committee, PHD Chamber of Commerce;
- Member, Corporate Affairs Committee, PHD Chamber of Commerce
- Member, Indo Japanese Business Promotion Council, ASSOCHAM
- Member, American Bar Association
- Member, The Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors
- Executive Committee Member, SILF (Delhi Chapter)
- Member, Indo American Chamber of Commerce
Articles / Publications
- Author of popular weekly legal columns, Q&A columns for the national English newspaper ‘Hindustan Times’
- Authored an article on “Introduction Of Separate Regulatory Framework For Medical Devices” in India Law News of ABA Section of International Law in Spring 2015 edition
- Written for Construction Industry in Expert Speak column
- Authored several other articles published in leading journals and magazines like Halsbury’s Law Monthly, Legal Era, Lex Witness, CREDAI Times, ABA Section of International Law (India Law News), The Business Law Reports (Manupatra), National Realty (NAREDCO), Supreme Law Today, Banking Cases.
- Regularly been a panel member at “Real Estate Legal Segment” by NDTV for “The Property Show” being telecasted on weekly basis
- Speaker at a RICS Real Estate Conference 2012 & 2013 organized by The Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors (RICS) on “Transforming the Indian Real Estate Landscape 2020” and “Regaining Business Confidence”.
- Speaker at a France – India IT Summit organized by CCIFI in New Delhi on “Cross border business round table discussion including: HR Mobility and Intra Corporate Transfer, Corporate M&A and Taxation”
- Conducted training sessions for Knight Frank’s Real Estate team “Familiarizing them with Legal concepts and nuances in real estate buy-sell / lease transactions”.
Sunil Tyagi, Senior Partner and Co-founder of ZEUS Law is a practicing lawyer since 1991. At the Firm he is heading Real Estate & Infrastructure, Corporate & Commercial Law and Audit divisions along with handling the operational side of the business.
Sunil is an expert in understanding the synergies between Indian Civil Law, Business and Commercial Law. Having keen interest in the areas of Health, Infrastructure & Real Estate, Special Economic Zones, Aviation, Information and Technology and Trading sectors and in-depth insight of foreign and national commercial markets, he regularly advises foreign investors (institutions and individuals) across a wide range of sectors on their business and legal strategy with respect to investment in India. He is a tactful strategist and has extensive experience in the area of Foreign Direct Investment. He is regularly advising clients in diverse corporate area, exchange control regulation, investment structuring, corporate compliances.
Sunil’s professional experience also encompasses transactions relating to establishing commercial relationship / contracts of diverse nature for franchisee distribution marketing network. He has assisted and advised many foreign investors as well as Indian entrepreneurs in technical and knowledge collaborations, joint ventures and collaborations in India. He has been involved in advisory on entry strategy for foreign entities, conducting due diligences of target companies, establishing and operationalizing the business strategies.
Sunil’s another expertise is Real Estate and Infrastructure. He has been instrumental in structuring transactions ranging from development of townships, commercial, residential and institutional complexes which involved acquisition of land, construction and development to disposal of built up units in various parts of India. He is known for providing simple solutions to complex transactions. His solution oriented approach and strategic legal advice has resulted in successful completion of most complex transactions in Real Estate. He has helped in setting up efficient structures in terms of saving duties in Real Estate transactions.
He is well known author for Articles and Q&A column, in one of the leading English Daily Newspaper of India “Hindustan Times” for years now. He is also called regularly on TV shows for talks on property matters.