- Designation: Co-founder & Senior Partner
- Education: B.Sc. (Maths Hons.), St. Stephens College, University of Delhi; LL.B, University of Delhi
- Year of Enrollment: 1991
- Arbitration & Alternate Dispute Resolution Practice
- Indirect Tax and Import Trade Law Practice
- Corporate Law Practice
- Legal Era Awards 2012 for Best Real Estate & Construction Law Firm of the Year;
- IFLR – Asialaw India Awards 2012 for Private Equity Deal of the Year TPG, Shriram – Vishal Retail;
- Preferred Partner CREDAI (National)
- Member, Supreme Court Bar Association
- Member, Indian Law institute
- Member, Indo Japanese Business Promotion Council, ASSOCHAM
- Member, The Royal Institution Of Chartered Surveyors
- Member, American Bar Association
- Member, Indo American Chamber of Commerce
Articles / Publications
- “Budget 2010-11 and its Impact on Construction of Residential Complex Services”
- “GST – The Road Map Ahead”
- “Border Control Measures and the Interface with Private International Law”
- Regular publications in Excise Law Times (ELT), Manupatra and various legal journals.
- Authored articles for MIZUHO Bank e-newsletter on the following topics: –
– Land Acquisition in Haryana State – March 2013
– Opening of retailing Market to FDI – April 2013
– Arbitration – July 2013
– Public Interest Litigation – August 2013
– Contract Labour – September 2013
– Corporate Social Responsibility – August / September 2014
– New Company Act – November 2014
– Competition Act – January 2015
– Environment Clearances – February 2015
– Industrial Estate – April 2015
- Authored an article in Spring Issue of the 2015 India Law News of ABA on “Changes in FDI Policy for Real Estate”
- Panel member at “Real Estate Legal Segment” by NDTV for “The Property Show”.
- Guest Speaker at Construction Industry Arbitration Council – 2011, 2012
- Keynote Speaker at various seminars organized by The Associate Chamber of Commerce & Industry of India (ASSOCHAM) to facilitate the rollout of GST in India
- Speaker at a France – India IT Summit organized by CCIFI on “Cross border business round table discussion including: HR Mobility and Intra Corporate Transfer, Corporate M&A and Taxation”
- Chaired the Panel discussion on “Smart Cities” at IT Seminar organized by the Chamber of Commerce and Industry France India (CCIFI) in New Delhi.
- Faculty for the course on Arbitration organized by the Institute of Chartered Accountants of India (ICAI) for its member CAs.
- Speaker at seminar organized by CREDAI on Service Tax issues in India 2012.
- Speaker at RICS Conference on: Global Real Estate and Infrastructure 2020: Destination India 2013.
- Keynote speaker at a Seminar organized by The Nikkan Kogyo Shimbun, Limited in Tokyo, Japan : Setting up
– A successful business in India : 2014
– Environmental clearances in India : 2015
- Keynote speaker at Seminar organized by Deloitte in Tokyo, Japan
- Chaired panel discussion on “Education, Skill Development” Master Class at India Invest Forum held in Paris in January 2016
Vivek Kohli, Senior Partner and Co-founder of ZEUS Law is a practicing lawyer since 1991. At the Firm, he is heading Litigation, Arbitration and Indirect Tax divisions along with handling the strategic side of the business.
Vivek is a tactful strategist and has extensive experience in the area of Litigation, Regulatory Affairs, Indirect Tax, Arbitration, and Commercial & Criminal Law. He regularly appears before the Supreme Court of India, High Court of Delhi and other states in India where he has dealt with matters pertaining to Constitutional Law, General and Civil Law, FEMA and Export Import Policy etc. among many others. He has rich experience in laws related to Power including the Electricity Act. He has handled many successful cases pertaining to Arbitration in the legal sector.
Vivek has assisted Government of India in framing “Border Protection Measures in terms of the Republic of India under the TRIPPS Agreement” and “The Rules of the Refund of Anti–Dumping Duty”. He has substantial experience on the Regulatory side, having drafted the first ever Distribution License – that was issued by the Delhi Electricity Regulatory Commission under the new Electricity Act of 2003 – for Delhi. He is also a regular invitee by the Government for advice and consultation on various other legal issues.
Vivek has vast experience in establishing tax efficient structures that allow wealth creation and provide options to unlock value at all levels. He is a skilled and experienced negotiator who is capable of structuring complex transactions and advice tax efficient commercial solutions. In the past, he has advised some of the premier Fortune 500 Companies.
A regular invitee for talks on subjects varying from Arbitration, Infrastructure Law, Service Tax, Goods & Service Tax and LLPs at various forums. Vivek has addressed seminars and conferences organized by The Associate Chamber of Commerce and Industry of India (ASSOCHAM), Institute of Chartered Accountants of India (ICFAI), The Confederation of Real Estate Developers’ Associations of India (CREDAI), The Royal Institution Of Chartered Surveyors (RICS), Construction Industry Arbitration Council among various other National and Regional associations.